Domain 1 covers about 11.55% of the ASP Exam, which is equivalent to about 23 questions.
To have Knowledge of:
- General chemistry concepts (e.g., nomenclature, balancing chemical equations, chemical reactions, ideal gas law, and pH)
- Electrical principles (e.g., Ohms law, power, impedance, energy, resistance, and circuits)
- Principles of radioactivity (e.g., radioactive decay, half-life, source strength, concentration, and inverse square law)
- Storage capacity calculations
- Rigging and load calculations
- Ventilation and system design
- Noise hazards.
- Climate and environmental conditions (e.g., Wet-bulb Globe Temperature [WBGT], wind chill, and heat stress)
- Fall protection calculations.
- General physics concepts (e.g., force, acceleration, velocity, momentum, and friction).
- Financial principles (e.g., cost-benefit analysis, cost of risk, life cycle cost, return on investment, and effects of losses).
- Descriptive statistics (e.g., central tendency, variability, and probability).
- Lagging indicators (e.g., incidence rates, lost time, and direct costs of incidents).
- Leading indicators (e.g., inspection frequency, safety interventions, employee performance evaluations, training frequency, near miss, near hit, and close-call reporting).